The deadline for members to apply for NASS committee, section or other appointments for the 2020-2023 term was March 31, 2020. Members who applied for committees can expect to receive updates regarding their application based on the following timeline:
- ASAP: All applicants for volunteer positions must have a current disclosure (updated May 1, 2019 or later) on file with NASS. If your disclosure is not current, please update this ASAP at www.spine.org/disclosure.
- ASAP: If the group(s) to which you applied requires a current curriculum vitae (CV), please send this to the email on that committee’s page at www.spine.org/getinvolved or found in your confirmation email.
- April 1 – May 31: Committee Chairs are currently working with their Council Directors and staff liaisons to finalize the number of open seats that they will have on their committees and recommend appointments and reappointments. Many committees may request additional information from their applicants during this time; please respond in a timely manner if any additional information is requested.
- Summer Board of Directors Meeting: During the Summer NASS Board of Directors meeting in late July, the Executive Committee will review and approve all recommended appointments and reappointments with Council Directors.
- Summer 2020: Within 2 weeks of the Summer NASS Board of Directors meeting, committee appointment notifications will be sent to members. Members who are appointed or reappointed should accept their appointment via email confirmation or through their NASS MyAccount. Staff liaisons for each committee will then follow-up to onboard new members to their groups.
- NASS 2020: 2020-2023 committee appointments officially begin at the 2020 NASS Annual Meeting, October 7-10, 2020 in San Diego.
If you have any questions about this process, please email email@example.com
Miss the March 31, 2020 application deadline? Applications for the 2021-2024 term are now open; if you’re interested in applying for a NASS committee, please visit www.spine.org/getinvolved
to view committees currently accepting applications and to apply.